God has called us to live out the vision of His kingdom here on earth. Transformed lives and transformed communities will be the mark of this ministry. He has called us to be the Tabernacle Community, a people where His Spirit dwells so that those who are broken can find community and meaning, as well as discover their destiny in the One who loves unconditionally.
Imagine a faith community who doesn’t just attend church, but is the church. They are the surrendered and transformed who are consumed with the idea that it’s all about Jesus. They are driven by His heart for this world and have therefore attached themselves to His redemptive story. They link arm in arm with both Christ followers and not-yet Christ followers and are sent to show people the presence of God that is active in this world. They live together, grow together, serve together and worship together. Their communities will be forever changed because God is with them and He has sent them.
Who are they?
They are maturing members of God’s family; ministers who serve selflessly, faithful managers of all that God has given, messengers of the Christ story and magnifiers of the One True and Living God.
They are Tabernacle Community Church.
The ultimate measure of our effectiveness as a faith community is not what happens inside the building, but rather the impact the people of our congregation have on their communities.
Belong – People have an intrinsic desire for community.
Believe – People have an intrinsic desire for meaning.
Become – People have an intrinsic desire for destiny.
Sunday Celebration: This connecting point is a time where our diverse community enjoys the presence of God by engaging in a variety of expressions of worship.
Small Groups: This connecting point allows the church to grow larger and smaller at the same time. We want to see people get connected into a smaller community and do life together.
Strategic Services: This connecting point is an opportunity for people to serve both inside and outside of these four walls.
The Spiritual Building Plan
Prayer, development and multiplication are at the heart of our ministry.
• Transformational ministry through Spirit-empowered prayer
• Authentic Community
• Building Strong Families
• Evangelism – Personally and Corporately
• Relevant Biblical Preaching/Teaching
• Needs-Based Holistic Ministry
• All intensive desire to see new and better Christ followers
• Celebrative and Transforming Worship
• Leadership values team ministry
• Equipping and Empowering believers for life in the Kingdom
The Physical Building Plan
We currently owe $600,000 to the Grand Rapids Christian School Association due July 2012.
• Our primary focus is, and always will be, on building people.
• This building serves as a tool, to assist in accomplishing the mission of building people.
• We believe in the principle of provision which means that God will provide for our needs through His people and in His own time as we give a regular percentage of our income, give out of our surplus and give out of sacrifice.
• We believe that God wants to grow us in our faith and as His followers, unite us as a church family and demonstrate His mighty works before us.
• North Building: New seating for worship center, sound upgrades and window replacements throughout the building.
• South Building: Home of a collaborative effort in neighborhood transformation and community development.